Monday, June 13, 2011

Day # 14

Probably my biggest pet hate about living in Hong Kong is Central at lunchtime.  Walking out into the street is to encounter 86bn people all wandering around without purpose, no idea of where they want to go or why they’re even there. Their faces are either buried in their blackberry or hidden under an umbrella, regardless of whether it’s raining or not, and all at a snails pace! 

Now me, I can’t meander, I walk with purpose, I like to get from A to B using the path of least resistance. I spend these lunchtimes muttering expletives under my breath and slowing winding myself up to the point of having a heart attack.  With PCP going as it is and awakening muscles that have remained dormant or in reality probably never even used,  I am looking forward to facing these crowds with my head held high,  and without fear of reprisal or retribution, smashing them in their face.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like that conjugal visit can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it. Makes Sydney look like Alice Springs. NOT THAT I'M STRESSED OR ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete