Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day # 86 Once more unto the breach dear friends......

Translates roughly to JFD.   Actually the thought of the supersets today was far worse than the actual action, and doing 2 together and counting off the sets..  boom,  2 exercises completed, almost done.  I know, I know,  but my mind is easily tricked.  The V-Sits and planks to failure were fun today.  There was a girl next to me practicing her yoga poses and was really very graceful.  The contrast between her and me grunting and squealing like 2 future bacon sarnies was stark!

So close now I can almost taste it....  the burger that is,  and the curry, and the pizza, and the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer


7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the super sets this morning too. Didn't get through the ab workout though. I gave it the good old college try though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planks to failure is just cruel, considering I'm at 99% failure within 8 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These planks will never hurt you. There ya go!

    Half-dreading, half-relishing the idea of super-sets. I think I prefer doing opposing sets instead of just one-after-another of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been putting everything off all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only exercise in the afternoon once I'm back from work and by that time you are all finished for the day. It's always a good indication for me to see what's ahead for me as I can judge by your comments. Super sets make me nervous too but then again, only 4 more days to go then it's all over. They can't be that hard, or can they.

    Well done crew and Pete, if you ever look like that "bloke" in you picture above, something's wrong with your beer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a valid point, poor old Richard/Kim/Kevin. I'm going to be done n dusted a day before them. ah ah ah

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;..."

    ReplyDelete