Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day# 73 Is it me or are the workouts getting harder, like properly harder?

I'm aching and leaving the gym a wobbly wreck which hasn't overly been happening the past month.  Have I just been going through the motions?  Was I slacking off on holiday without realising it?

I hate floor jumps, planks and bicycles in that order.  I do get some sort of perverse satisfaction from the latter 2 once completed but floor jumps can go feck themselves as far as I'm concerned.  And I've had to concede defeat of the kung fu's for the time being,  it's just too painful on an old dislocated shoulder.

I forgot to say in my post holiday blog,  I've "inspired" someone to start skipping.  Hotel manager said he'd seen me and grabbed the ropes in the gym to try himself and was asking advice.  I kinda wanted to at least get one person on PCP from seeing my results,  but as we have to be all zen like these days I didn't actually tell him about it,  so Patrick,  you and your zen like attitude has done you out of a potential customer.

Moving house in 2 weeks,  furniture shopping tomorrow..  yippeeeeeeeeee

Have a nice weekend all.

5 comments:

  1. Yes they are getting harder - more reps and more sets - but they have also lost their novelty.

    "We are at the business end of the season now, sports fans!!"

    I don't have a bar to do kung fus so I do V-sits instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a machine at gym that you rest on your elbow/forearms for leg raises, I used that today, think it's the way forward for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that it is not just me feeling wimpier by the day. And yes the novelty has definitely worn off. Bleagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on that one and mu muscles always seem to ache. My legs are still sore from Tuesday's workout although skipping seems to be going so much better these days and I'm really starting to crave them which is wierd. Good luck furniture shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Floorjumps are bastards, so are Creeps. It's just about getting it done each day now. No fun, no smiles. Nothing new, just boring old pain and nausea. Keep going you PNEUMATIC HAMMER you!

    ReplyDelete