Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day # 80 I'd rather walk it than do it.

I have absolutely have no idea how I manage to do 5 x 90 sec planks.  People were staring at me in the gym last night. I'm not exactly sure what noises I was making as I had my headphones on,  but I think it's fair to say it wasn't manly.

Went to the pub after and saw some mates I haven't seen since before day 1.  Got some very encouraging and gushing comments,  you know, like "You used to be such a fat cunt,  and now you're not fat!"  Why thank you,  I think....

5 comments:

  1. I hear you. Last attempt at planks (Sunday) was relatively okay - got 3 sets of 90, one set of almost 90 and then one very wobbly short set.

    Yesterday, I could do fuck-all. Not even one set to completion. I will have a go again this evening seeing as this is clearly my worst item. Strangely V-sits now seem okay though bicycles are still a nightmare.

    Did the mates notice the cloud of fresh smug?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they did it was wiped off my face today whilst doing bicycles. iPod ran out of juice today, I know why everyone was staring, I sound like I'm having sex......badly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time does stand still during both planks and bicycles. It is also surprising how short 15 seconds feels when between sets but a really long time during a plank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 seconds is nothing. You need a Maxinator to distract you on the bicycles. Other than that I think my body wasn't made for ether the planks or the bicycles.

    ReplyDelete