Tuesday, July 26, 2011

day # 57 Weigh in day

And down another 1.4kg to 70.7.  (10.4kg and counting).  So holiday tomorrow and I really wanted to see a 6 handle on the scales before I jumped on the plane.  There's always tomorrow and true to form,  the intestines are not letting go so if I can unleash the beast within there's still hope.  I will at this stage accept slightly fudged numbers and take a post workout reading,  so I'm setting the alarm beeping early (geddit?)  so get everything done pre flight. Anyway I have consulted with Arthur Anderson accountants and apparently this is perfectly legal. This actually seems like a good move anyway because bugger having to do it when I get to hotel late arvo. .  I just wanna see a 6 Patrick.. OK, as I know you keep telling us,  NUMBERS ARE EVERYTHING.  Which moves me swiftly along to monthly stats.

                                           30th May      30th June   27th July

weight                                   82.2               75.9        71.2                (done in clothes)
body fat mass  kg                  23.8               17.3        11.5
body fat %age                       29                  22.8        16.1
Visceral fat                           129                102.8       77.9
skeletal muscle mass  kg      32.9               33           33.4


I'm stoked about these,  especially the body fat.   Muscle mass doesn't seem like its moving for the effort put in but it is what it is, it looks like more in the mirror at least.  But if you'd told me 57 days ago I could lose 10k+ I'd have laughed at you,  in fact Bill Wiswell,  ex PCPer extraordinaire  DID tell me I'd lose this much.... and I laughed at him.  To put it in perspective I ran a marathon in 05 and weighing myself right after the run I was 75.5kg,  and I used to go running for hours and hours and hours every week,  Fuck I wasted my time!


So holiday time,  57 days ago I fully intended to ditch PCP today and just go enjoy myself, but now I'm not so sure,  Bill and Jasper also told me this would happen, and I was adamant that it wouldn't, oh how naive I was.  I'm sure we wont be complete saints, as it's our holiday,  but still so much to do,  a happy balance I guess is key. Oh lord, what have I become??


BTW someone had kindly left their gym kit and towel inside the shower cubicle for me today,  but you know what I don't care,  I'm going on holiday and I'm 16.1% body fat bitches!


Finally a word about floor jumps, these things are quite possibly the hardest exercise known to man,  and we get a 15 second rest between sets????  Does anyone really only rest for 15 secs?  Having completed mine this morning and then to be in the gym at lunchtime just skipping watching Andrew Hyams bouncing around in obvious pain brought a rye smile to my face.  Sorry dude,  I felt your pain,  and laughed.



5 comments:

  1. So you didn't join Andrew in a set of floor jumps for moral support?

    I was quivering on the floor and unable to stand for a good few minutes after floor jumps today. 5 sets were brutal. I was crawling around on all fours just like my baby. (Hubbilicious would think that now is the time to insert a joke about being on my knees but then he would get a swift back hander from me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top work mate, that fat loss is HUGE!! Keep up the good work n keep your posts coming too, cracks me up every time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Tracey, I think I was what Noel would call a smug skipping #£€*. besides even Oliver twist wouldnt ask for extra helpings of that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing stats Pete. you deserve an incredible holiday to celebrate. woo hooooooo !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chers Arnie, very nice of you to say. Glad I entertain!

    ReplyDelete