Monday, July 4, 2011

Day # 35 How to make time stand still!


At the equator, the time zones are a little over 1,000 miles apart, so to cross one every hour, you could fly a plane west at a little over 1,000 miles per hour
If you started flying at 12:00 noon, at 1:00 p.m. (according to your watch) you would cross a time zone, making it 12:00 noon again. This process would continue for as long as your plane could stay in the air: As soon as your watch passed 12:59, you'd have to turn it back to 12:00 again. For your entire westward trip around the Earth, the time would be between 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.

Alternatively you could do a plank!

3 comments:

  1. On my planks I use my stopwatch to time myself. Three sets of 400 1/10th's of a second. And each one a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the secret to a long life is to spend as much time as possible doing planks. Notice I didn't say a long and HAPPY life.

    ReplyDelete